Re: [NTO] NoteTab Pro freezes

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24 7:07 PM
      Hello All,

      Ed Brown says NTP is causing his browser to freeze. Both yesterday and today,
      an email from the Clips group caused Outlook Express to hang on my PC. I
      don't know whether these two events are related.

      The symptom both yesterday and today was that "Receiving message 4 of 39" was
      displayed, but no further downloading of email was occurring. I was still
      able to use my browser to access web pages and after canceling the hung
      "receiving..." message, I was able to SEND emails, but the 4th inbound message
      again hung the system. After about 90 seconds, an error screen came up
      informing me that my POP3 system had failed to respond for 60 seconds. In my
      case, yesterday, I used MailWasher to delete the 4th message out of my inbox
      on the server at my ISP (OptOnline.net). I didn't take careful note of the
      origin of that message.) After that I was able to up/download emails
      normally.

      That same hung "receiving message 4 of ..." screen came up again tonight.
      This time, I phoned the ISP Tech Rep who went through all the troubleshooting
      procedures with no luck. He finally manually deleted the 4th message from the
      server, and now I'm back running normally. Tonight's 4th message was from
      John Zeman on the NTP Clips Yahoo group. The Subject was, "[Clip] Re: Getting
      a particular word in a string".

      I don't expect any solutions. I'm posting this only to document the problem.

      Ray Shapp