Directory Opus 6

  • Mordechai
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2004
      Hello Friends,
      I have installed the "Dopus 6" and have some questions to other users of this program:
      While adding a new folder to the folder tree, either by moving from another place or by copying or by just creating a new folder, I cannot see/find this folder in the folder tree until a GOOD F5 press to refresh the list - there is no automatic refresh. But I can imediatly see it in the right pane - the files tree.

      And another thing: Sometimes I need to delete a folder after some installation, and it happens that that installation says I cannot delete it, but the folder was gone from the list, and again F5 shows it back.
      The program installation was smooth and OK.
      What is wrong?
      Will appreciate some answers as I like this program much better then the original Explorer.
      OS=Windows XP pro+sp1
      Thanks
      Mordechai M.
      airflow@...

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2004
        Mordechai wrote:

        > Subject:
        > [NTO] Directory Opus 6
        > From:
        > Mordechai <airflow@...>
        > Date:
        > Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:10:23 +0200
        > To:
        > ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
        > To:
        > ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >Hello Friends,
        >I have installed the "Dopus 6" and have some questions to other users
        of this program:
        >While adding a new folder to the folder tree, either by moving from
        another place or by copying or by just creating a new folder, I cannot
        see/find this folder in the folder tree until a GOOD F5 press to refresh
        the list - there is no automatic refresh. But I can imediatly see it in
        the right pane - the files tree.

        >And another thing: Sometimes I need to delete a folder after some
        installation, and it happens that that installation says I cannot delete
        it, but the folder was gone from the list, and again F5 shows it back.
        >The program installation was smooth and OK.
        >What is wrong?
        >Will appreciate some answers as I like this program much better then
        the original Explorer.
        >OS=Windows XP pro+sp1
        >Thanks
        >Mordechai M.
        >airflow@...

        Mordechai,

        Welcome to the club. I don't have D'Opus but I do have PowerDesk and it
        acts exactly the same as the 2 examples you described above.

        I have XP Home, previously Win98. P'Desk "malfunctioned" in the
        previous Windows also.

        P'Desk does have an option for 'Force refresh after file operation',
        makes no difference, still doesn't refresh until F5 is pressed or a
        number of other actions take place.

        I think it is a shortcoming in our file managers.

        Using Windows Explorer you click, File > New > Folder, [New Folder)
        appears immediately. P'Desk can create a new folder in almost exactly
        the same way, you get a dialog window to name the folder before it is
        created.

        The result is also immediate, a new 'named' folder appears. I usually
        don't use that method. I usually press Insert, that opens a dialog to
        create and name a new folder. I type in a foldername, press Enter and
        the name doesn't usually appear until F5.

        PS: I suppose you can see, Yahoogroups has added [spam] to your subject
        line.

        hrs
      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2004
          I've been using DOpus since last spring and I seem to recall having
          the same problems with it for awhile. But I don't have those
          problems now and I'm using the same computer and operating system
          (Windows XP Pro) so I assume it may have been a bug fixed in a recent
          maintenance release of DOpus.

          The current version available is 6.2.5.11 if you have an older
          version, I'd suggest updating it.

          I'd also suggest joining their support forum, you can get the
          information on how to do that at the DOpus web site.

          If you have the current version then maybe it is a Windows issue for
          you. All I can tell you for sure Mordechai is I don't have that
          problem with DOpus now.

          John

          --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai <airflow@n...> wrote:
          > Hello Friends,
          > I have installed the "Dopus 6" and have some questions to other
          users of this program:
          > While adding a new folder to the folder tree, either by moving from
          another place or by copying or by just creating a new folder, I
          cannot see/find this folder in the folder tree until a GOOD F5 press
          to refresh the list - there is no automatic refresh. But I can
          imediatly see it in the right pane - the files tree.

          > And another thing: Sometimes I need to delete a folder after some
          installation, and it happens that that installation says I cannot
          delete it, but the folder was gone from the list, and again F5 shows
          it back.
          > The program installation was smooth and OK.
          > What is wrong?
          > Will appreciate some answers as I like this program much better
          then the original Explorer.
          > OS=Windows XP pro+sp1
          > Thanks
          > Mordechai M.
          > airflow@n...

        • Michael Acklin
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2004
            Mordechai,

            I am very familiar with what you mentioned as I have been using Dopus for
            about 4 months now. As for how to fix it, I am not aware of a way to do
            that, but as I said I am a newbie myself.

            Also, there is a very good list that you can join without being registered.
            It is part of the Yahoo Group lists. I belong to it and the main list also.

            It can be found at:

            Sorry I couldn't be of more help...