Re: [NTO] I'm astonished!

  • Michael Acklin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
      Hi,

      I went back and looked for you link and I too am able to view your site with
      no problems at all.

      Have you changed any settings lately or uninstalled any programs? I did
      notice that there was a Java and Non Java page and both of them work fine
      for me. Check your browser settings and make sure they are what you
      originaly wanted. You haven't done any patching for security reasons, have
      you?

      Look at the settings in the browser and if there is nothing obvious, try to

      Let us know what you find out. But as I said, I have no problems seeing any
      of your pages.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
        Check that your browser is refreshing EVERY TIME.

        (Internet Options -> Temporary internet files --> Settings -> check every
        visit to the page )

        Then click on the link that you sent out.

        I am afraid I cannot figure out the rest of your message completely but it
        almost seems you have accidentally put the website inside its own images
        folder - which would probably confuse it somewhat!

        Chris Dart

        I don't know how Dart, Hugo and Ed can see ANYTHING on my website. All I
        get is the "can't" display page!!!

        I had a thought last night. After the uploads were done, I saw that in one
        of the categories called "webimages", there was another folder called
        "website" (which is everything) in it. That floored me. It's not supposed to
        be there and is not that way in my organization at all, so I removed it.

        Now, I'm wondering if that was where the new uploads were going and I should
        have removed everything else!

        THanks Ed----I had to recreate that new page and completely forgot to put in
        the reference......

        Why can you folks see something, no matter how dumb it looks, and I see
        nothing.......

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • mcmaier
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
          I've clicked "F5" every time to refresh that page. All it does then is give
          me a nice, white page.

          > Check that your browser is refreshing EVERY TIME.
          >
          > (Internet Options -> Temporary internet files --> Settings -> check every
          > visit to the page )
          >
          > Then click on the link that you sent out.
          >
          > I am afraid I cannot figure out the rest of your message completely but it
          > almost seems you have accidentally put the website inside its own images
          > folder - which would probably confuse it somewhat!
          >

          > Chris Dart

        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
            I also see your page. I don't appear to have the proper plug in for
            some reason to see the java part. I clicked on the sun link, but there
            are far too many choices for me to pick from. I didn't know f5 worked
            in that context. I always use shift/refresh myself at that point, but
            nice to know another shortcut (that I use in many other contexts such as
            explorer).

            mcmaier wrote:

            > I've clicked "F5" every time to refresh that page. All it does then is give
            > me a nice, white page.
          • Ed Brown
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
              Dart is telling you what is probably wrong. You see a browser is basically lazy and it will store a page from the website and then show you the stored page every time you go there unless you tell it to give you a new page with each visit to a website. Yours may have stored a 404 page and that is what you keep seeing. I too am confused by your terminology. You should upload you home page index.html to in most cases on my servers "public html" beginning with index.html or similar. And then follow with all your other pages. Is this what you are doing. If not if you will email me privately I will send screen shots of what you should be seeing in your WS_FTP when getting ready to upload and then what you should see after that.
              Ed

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 30, 2004
                NO, do this (Internet Options -> Temporary internet files --> Settings -> check every
                visit to the page )
                Try that just as Dart said
                Ed
                I've clicked "F5" every time to refresh that page. All it does then is give
                me a nice, white page.

              • Larry Hamilton
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 31, 2004
                  Try SHIFT+F5 this clears the temporary cache of the page when it reloads.

                  Larry Hamilton

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 31, 2004
                    Larry/MacMaier:

                    I think its Ctrl+F5

                    from IE-Help Keyboard Shortcuts: Ctrl+F5
                    Refresh the current Web page, even if the time stamp for the Web version and
                    your locally stored version are the same.

                    Regards ... Alec

                    > Try SHIFT+F5 this clears the temporary cache of the page when it
                    > reloads.
                    >
                    > Larry Hamilton

                  • Larry Hamilton
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004