ASCII vs. ANSI

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      Hi All,

      I would appreciate it if somebody could help me learn about the
      following. If my questions seem like they are coming from a
      schizophrenic as in running altogether and not making sense it is
      because I really don't know what to ask. I'm not really asking
      for an answer to all the questions. I asked them so maybe you
      can see what I am getting at.

      What is the basic difference between ASCII and ANSI?
      What does ASCII 850 and ANSI (ISO 8859-1) mean?
      How would I know I was looking at one or the other?
      Does it say somewhere?
      How would I make a file with both?
      Do I need a font that is an ASCII font?
      Is there such a thing?
      Can I see the difference in NoteTab if I add the file
      type to the DOS ASCII filter?

      All my fonts say ANSI, except for Terminal and the like.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...