Re: [NTO] write polaco in windows xp

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      Tahnks, Bob. My Spanish dictionary is packed away somewhere and I did not
      take the time to go to Babelfish.

      Manuel - Are you wanting to type Polish documents? I know that Polish uses a
      Latin based alphabet, but I do not know about accent and other special marks
      or characters.

      I know in DOS based Windows 1.0 - 98 not sure if ME gives control, the
      codepage could be changed. I have not tried to change it in Win2k or XP.

      I do knot that a font should give you what you need, but since it is a Latin
      based font, the same one for Spanish should some close. You can type special
      characters with ALT+### where ### is the number for the character.

      If I want to type Greek or Hebrew, I use that document font.

      HTH.

      Larry Hamilton

      Bob Janes wrote:
      > Larry Hamilton wrote:
      >> I do not know what polaco is, is this an English typo, or a Spanish
      >> term?
      >
      > It's the Spanish word for 'Polish' (the language).
      >

      > Best wishes
      >
      > Bob
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        > It's the Spanish word for 'Polish' (the language).

        Thanks Bob. When I googled it after switching to English only I found one
        slang definition - something about a Polish person living in New Jersey with
        big feet :-) Now the original question makes some sense!

        Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2004
          Manuel123 wrote:

          > How can I write polaco with windows XP. Thanks in advanced.
          > I use a spanish windows xp.

          I haven't used xp much but in 95 and 98 the first thing to
          do would be to install a Polish keyboard driver (probably
          supplied on the cd) as an additional, subsidiary, keyboard.

          That done, it's relatively easy to switch between it and the
          standard one. (There may even be a keyboard shortcut for
          doing it, Alt+Shift+F1 IIRC.)

          John

          Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger
          http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France