Re: [NTO] powertoys

  • Dennis Cummins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
      On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 9:47, hsavage wrote:

      > I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I need, if
      > any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for Win 2000
      > Pro.
      >
      > I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no success. I
      > thank you for any response.

      Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?

      Dennis
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
        Dennis Cummins wrote:

        > On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 9:47, hsavage wrote:
        >
        >> I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I
        need, if
        >> any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for
        Win 2000
        >> Pro.
        >>
        >> I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no
        success. I
        >> thank you for any response.
        >>

        > Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?
        > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

        Dennis,

        I'm not sure these wouldn't work. The fact that tweakui is modified for
        XP makes me hesitant.

        I would be more comfortable if the page header included Win2k.

        hrs
      • Dennis Cummins
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
          On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 10:47, hsavage wrote:

          > Dennis Cummins wrote:
          >

          > > On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 9:47, hsavage wrote:
          > >
          > >> I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I need,
          > if
          > >> any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for Win
          > 2000
          > >> Pro.
          > >>
          > >> I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no
          > success. I
          > >> thank you for any response.
          > >>

          > > Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?
          > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
          >
          > Dennis,
          >
          > I'm not sure these wouldn't work. The fact that tweakui is modified for XP
          > makes me hesitant.
          >
          > I would be more comfortable if the page header included Win2k.

          Well then have a look at this,

          http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networkin
          g/NTTweakUI.asp

          --
          Dennis
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
            Dennis Cummins wrote:

            >On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 10:47, hsavage wrote:
            >

            >>Dennis Cummins wrote:
            >>
            >> > Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?
            >> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
            >>
            >>Dennis,
            >>
            >>I'm not sure these wouldn't work. The fact that tweakui is modified for XP
            >>makes me hesitant.
            >>
            >>I would be more comfortable if the page header included Win2k.
            >>

            >Well then have a look at this,
            >
            >http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networkin
            >g/NTTweakUI.asp

            Dennis,

            I will have a look as soon as my ISP settles down. Seems I only have
            email service and that is extremely slow!

            hrs
          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
              Hi hrs,

              > I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no success.
              > I thank you for any response.

              I've never got on with Microsoft's search facilities, so I use Google.

              Enter the required search terms together with "site:support.microsoft.com"
              (without the quotes).

              This forces Google's search to be restricted to the given host. It's almost
              always taken me to just what I needed!

              Greg
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
                hsavage:

                According to my records, the URL Dennis quoted is where I got the PowerTools
                I'm using on Win2K-SP4. Just checked and they are all still there :-)

                POWER TOYS http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/default.asp

                NETWORKING

                Desktop Menu
                3 KB | <1 Min @ 28.8
                Open items on your desktop from a convenient menu on the Taskbar.

                Explore From Here
                625 KB | 5 Min @ 28.8
                Open the explorer from where you are on the network or on your own
                computer's file system.

                Find X 1.2
                1,479 KB | 12 Min @ 28.8
                Adds drag-and-drop capabilities to your Find menu.

                Send to X 1.2
                2,328 KB | 19 Min @ 28.8
                An updated version of Send To Any Folder

                Tweak UI 1.33
                64 KB | 1 Min @ 28.8
                With the Tweak UI 1.1 update you can adjust your Windows user interface by
                customizing your menu speed, window animation, and Internet Explorer.

                Shortcut Target Menu 1.2
                1,911 KB | 16 Min @ 28.8
                With the Shortcut Target Menu you can find out the properties for the file
                to which a shortcut is pointing.

                Regards ... Alec