powertoys

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I need,
      if any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for
      Win 2000 Pro.

      I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no success.
      I thank you for any response.

      hrs
    • Dennis Cummins
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
        On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 9:47, hsavage wrote:

        > I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I need, if
        > any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for Win 2000
        > Pro.
        >
        > I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no success. I
        > thank you for any response.

        Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?

        Dennis
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
          Dennis Cummins wrote:

          > On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 9:47, hsavage wrote:
          >
          >> I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I
          need, if
          >> any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for
          Win 2000
          >> Pro.
          >>
          >> I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no
          success. I
          >> thank you for any response.
          >>

          > Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?
          > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

          Dennis,

          I'm not sure these wouldn't work. The fact that tweakui is modified for
          XP makes me hesitant.

          I would be more comfortable if the page header included Win2k.

          hrs
        • Dennis Cummins
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
            On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 10:47, hsavage wrote:

            > Dennis Cummins wrote:
            >

            > > On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 9:47, hsavage wrote:
            > >
            > >> I'm troubleshooting and trying to tweak my sons Win2k computer, I need,
            > if
            > >> any of the list members can furnish it, a link to MS Powertoys for Win
            > 2000
            > >> Pro.
            > >>
            > >> I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no
            > success. I
            > >> thank you for any response.
            > >>

            > > Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?
            > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
            >
            > Dennis,
            >
            > I'm not sure these wouldn't work. The fact that tweakui is modified for XP
            > makes me hesitant.
            >
            > I would be more comfortable if the page header included Win2k.

            Well then have a look at this,

            http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networkin
            g/NTTweakUI.asp

            --
            Dennis
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
              Dennis Cummins wrote:

              >On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 10:47, hsavage wrote:
              >

              >>Dennis Cummins wrote:
              >>
              >> > Why wouldn't these powertoys for XP work?
              >> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
              >>
              >>Dennis,
              >>
              >>I'm not sure these wouldn't work. The fact that tweakui is modified for XP
              >>makes me hesitant.
              >>
              >>I would be more comfortable if the page header included Win2k.
              >>

              >Well then have a look at this,
              >
              >http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networkin
              >g/NTTweakUI.asp

              Dennis,

              I will have a look as soon as my ISP settles down. Seems I only have
              email service and that is extremely slow!

              hrs
            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
                Hi hrs,

                > I've tried to search for them on Windows download site with no success.
                > I thank you for any response.

                I've never got on with Microsoft's search facilities, so I use Google.

                Enter the required search terms together with "site:support.microsoft.com"
                (without the quotes).

                This forces Google's search to be restricted to the given host. It's almost
                always taken me to just what I needed!

                Greg
              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
                  hsavage:

                  According to my records, the URL Dennis quoted is where I got the PowerTools
                  I'm using on Win2K-SP4. Just checked and they are all still there :-)

                  POWER TOYS http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/default.asp

                  NETWORKING

                  Desktop Menu
                  3 KB | <1 Min @ 28.8
                  Open items on your desktop from a convenient menu on the Taskbar.

                  Explore From Here
                  625 KB | 5 Min @ 28.8
                  Open the explorer from where you are on the network or on your own
                  computer's file system.

                  Find X 1.2
                  1,479 KB | 12 Min @ 28.8
                  Adds drag-and-drop capabilities to your Find menu.

                  Send to X 1.2
                  2,328 KB | 19 Min @ 28.8
                  An updated version of Send To Any Folder

                  Tweak UI 1.33
                  64 KB | 1 Min @ 28.8
                  With the Tweak UI 1.1 update you can adjust your Windows user interface by
                  customizing your menu speed, window animation, and Internet Explorer.

                  Shortcut Target Menu 1.2
                  1,911 KB | 16 Min @ 28.8
                  With the Shortcut Target Menu you can find out the properties for the file
                  to which a shortcut is pointing.

                  Regards ... Alec