Re: [NTO] OpenOffice Beginner

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 3, 2004
      Larry H,
      I am sure you know that Open Office has a windows version.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 3, 2004
        Ed,

        Yes, I made that point in the 4th sentence of my post. One can use Windows
        or get ambitious and try another Operating System.

        FWIW, I have only installed Open Office on Windows, at work and at home. I
        do not have enough room on my Linux partition (at home). I thought 20
        gigabytes was a lot when I got my new system 2 years ago. I plan to get a
        bigger second hard drive when liquidity of funds is an option.... My oldest
        son is upset that I uninstalled all the Linux games to make room to do other
        things.... I basically use Linux for a "How does it work?" environment. I
        have learned all the Linux basics, and built a few shell scripts, nothing
        earth shattering.

        Larry

        Ed Brown wrote:
        > Larry H,
        > I am sure you know that Open Office has a windows version.
        > Ed

      • Fay
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 5, 2004
          Hi Larry,
          Mmm. I've been away too--in the garden. Thanks for your informative post,
          the most interesting part of which is
          >I have gotten NoteTab to run in Linux.
          How, please?

          Fay
        • bizshop1
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 5, 2004
            I am also hanging on to Windows for one reason and one reason only -
            Notetab.

            If someone can successfully use it in Linux, PULEEZE let us all know
            how you did it!!! I'll switch in a gnat's heartbeat.

            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Hamilton" <lmh@h...>

          • Larry Hamilton
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 5, 2004
              Steve,

              It is not smooth in my version of RedHat (7.2). Redhat is up to 9.x, but
              they are discontinuing support for it in April. I have not tried it for
              awhile. I will get into my Linux partition and see what the issues are.

              Larry

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 5, 2004
                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Fay" <feigh@i...> wrote:
                > Can anyone point me to a list like this one, or a forum, where
                beginners
                > with OpenOffice can ask questions about the basics? I'm only
                concerned about
                > the word processor at this stage. I did Google, but haven't found

                http://gmane.org/lists.php

                gmane.org their lists page, scroll down just a little ways and there's

                gmane.comp.openoffice.questions

                that particular url/link I enclosed above, the links on its page is
                designed to bring up a default NNTP news client when clicked on.

                But they may also have a www web interface as an alternative to using
                an NNTP news client app.

                I used to subscribe to some their groups using NNTP client (Mozilla).

                I need to get my 'puter set up again for that and re initiate or
                begin again with it.

                --
                Alan.
              • acummingsus
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 5, 2004
                  --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Fay" <feigh@i...> wrote:
                  > Can anyone point me to a list like this one, or a forum, where
                  beginners
                  > with OpenOffice can ask questions about the basics?

                  http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.comp.openoffice

                  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions/cutoff=54260

                  Web interface of . . .comp.openoffice

                  and

                  . . .comp.openoffice.questions

                  --
                  Alan.
                • Manuel123
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2004
                    How can I write polaco with windows XP. Thanks in advanced.
                    I use a spanish windows xp.

                    ---
                    Annotatio:
                    "Para un pc vale 1 programa y para otros no. Cada persona es un mundo, cada pc es otro."
                    ---
                    Caso de devolución repetidas de respuestas enviar un mensaje de aviso a <incidencias@...>