Re: [NTO] NoteTab 5.0

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
      Hi Hubert,

      > Do You know what additional features will be added to next
      > major version of NTP?

      See below using a feature in NoteTab called Paste Back along with
      OnClipboard change. I will type in nn for NoteTab News, copy or
      cut and NoteTab will return what you see to the app it is done
      from after stripping the nn out.

      > I'm specially interested in syntax highligthing (but not html)
      > and I reflect if it's better to wait for NTP 5 (I can wait a
      > bit :)) or to invest and buy another text editor.

      It will be awhile until it is released, but it will be fully
      customizable with a Delphi-Borland type look or TopStyle if you
      are familiar with it. Eric is thinking of releasing a smaller v5
      at first without everything he wants to add and I would think
      syntax highlighting would be included in that so it might not be
      as long. (I'm typing nn below here and it will be replaced
      starting at Here are... up until my sigline.)

      Here are some of our future plans:

      Eric is going to upgrade Mailbag Assistant and Album Express and
      also thinking of making a freeware version of them:

      http://www.fookes.com/

      After that he will start working on version 5 of NoteTab. Some of
      the planned features for version 5.0 of NoteTab Pro and NoteTab
      Standard include:

      Fully customizable syntax highlighting
      Customizable keyboard shortcuts to Clips
      Tree-view in Outlines, Libraries, (maybe Quick List)
      Horizontal split window
      Print preview
      More sophisticated regular expressions
      An excellent spell checker
      Many other features and many improvements...

      NoteTab Gold, a "do all" version of NoteTab, is scheduled sometime
      after ver. 5's release. It will take quite awhile for Eric to
      finish version 5 because he will be adding a lot and rewriting a lot
      of code.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...