Re: [NTO] Ascii Christmas Letter Template - Where Found?

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
      do a google search for ascii art program
      you'll get stuff like this:
      http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~wardog/index.html

      see this one that takes a url pic and does it:
      http://www.degraeve.com/gif2txt.shtml
      but note it only works on 89a gif's

      Jody wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Some of you may have received letters shaped in things, the text
      > is shaped to look like something. I'm looking for something like
      > a Word template that will let me type in the letter and when
      > printed it is printed in the shape of a Christmas tree. I cannot
      > see the ones I get from family members at times (when they can
      > catch up with me - haha) taking the time to type it out by hand
      > getting it so perfect. :) Anyway, know where to get one?
    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
        The program that does the same as the webpage Don Passenger pointed to is
        AsciiMagic 1.1. The problem is that if the image is too big then things become
        very slow. However, what I think Jody is looking for is available on Desktop
        Publishing such as Serif Pageplus where the boundaries are set in terms of a
        shape that text will type into.

        By the way, please cut out the biblical quotes. People that want them will find
        them for themselves, and the rest of us have no requirement of them on
        software and computer support lists. We are not all Christians and not all
        Christians approve.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
          Hi Don,

          I ended up doing it myself - 'twas not too hard after all. <g>
          The software and web page thingies did not do what I needed,
          but thanks!!!

          >do a google search for ascii art program
          >you'll get stuff like this:
          >http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~wardog/index.html
          >http://www.degraeve.com/gif2txt.shtml
          >but note it only works on 89a gif's

          See ya in the funnies!
          jody

          []

          clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, notetab.net
          sojourner.us, purewords.org, sureword.net

        • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold