Ascii Christmas Letter Template - Where Found?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
      Hi All,

      Some of you may have received letters shaped in things, the text
      is shaped to look like something. I'm looking for something like
      a Word template that will let me type in the letter and when
      printed it is printed in the shape of a Christmas tree. I cannot
      see the ones I get from family members at times (when they can
      catch up with me - haha) taking the time to type it out by hand
      getting it so perfect. :) Anyway, know where to get one?

      In the Spirit of Christ Jesus,
      Jody

      Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
      and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall
      be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting
      Father, The Prince of Peace.
      Matthew 1:21 And she [Mary] shall bring forth a son [conceived by
      an angel], and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save
      his people from their sins.
      Luke 2:21 ¶And when eight days were accomplished for the
      circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was
      so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
      1 Corinthians 15:1,3-4 ¶Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you
      the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have
      received, and wherein ye stand;...For I delivered unto you first
      of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our
      sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and
      that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
      begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
      but have everlasting life.
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
        do a google search for ascii art program
        you'll get stuff like this:
        http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~wardog/index.html

        see this one that takes a url pic and does it:
        http://www.degraeve.com/gif2txt.shtml
        but note it only works on 89a gif's

        Jody wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Some of you may have received letters shaped in things, the text
        > is shaped to look like something. I'm looking for something like
        > a Word template that will let me type in the letter and when
        > printed it is printed in the shape of a Christmas tree. I cannot
        > see the ones I get from family members at times (when they can
        > catch up with me - haha) taking the time to type it out by hand
        > getting it so perfect. :) Anyway, know where to get one?
      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
          The program that does the same as the webpage Don Passenger pointed to is
          AsciiMagic 1.1. The problem is that if the image is too big then things become
          very slow. However, what I think Jody is looking for is available on Desktop
          Publishing such as Serif Pageplus where the boundaries are set in terms of a
          shape that text will type into.

          By the way, please cut out the biblical quotes. People that want them will find
          them for themselves, and the rest of us have no requirement of them on
          software and computer support lists. We are not all Christians and not all
          Christians approve.

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2003
            Hi Don,

            I ended up doing it myself - 'twas not too hard after all. <g>
            The software and web page thingies did not do what I needed,
            but thanks!!!

            >do a google search for ascii art program
            >you'll get stuff like this:
            >http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~wardog/index.html
            >http://www.degraeve.com/gif2txt.shtml
            >but note it only works on 89a gif's

            See ya in the funnies!
            jody

            []

            clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, notetab.net
            sojourner.us, purewords.org, sureword.net

          • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold