Re: [NTO] Twain not! 95/98 not! XP SP2 Yes!

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2003
      Hi Jim,

      Thanks for the comprehensive reply.

      If Service Packs will contain new features and not just bug fixes, will they
      still be free to download or do you anticipate they will become another
      "profit center" for Mr. Gates?

      Regards,

      Ray Shapp
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2003
        Ray,

        Isn't this the year that Gates starts giving it all back? :-)

        In all honesty I suspect it will just be considered another critical update and the goodies will be an attempt to win the hearts and minds of the users and try to get everyone using XP.

        And for the life of me, I can't figure any reason why a MS Windows user wouldn't be using XP other than the cost of buying a new OS.

        It runs fine for sure on P2 350's with 128MB of RAM and later and works with just about any hardware you throw at it - even an old el cheapo 2X CD burner I have. I'm soon going to try it on an old P233 MMX with 128MB of RAM and see what happens????