Help with a new CD/DVD drive

  • mgtbmc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2003
      There are so many options for a CD and DVD drive that I don't know
      what to choose for my new computer.

      I presently have a Sony 4x/8x/32x CD-Rom and a 2nd bay DVD/CD-RW
      drive. I want the new computer to have separate CD and DVD drives
      again. This is what is Dell offers:

      Single Drive: 16X DVD-ROM Drive
      Single Drive: 48x CD-RW Drive
      Single Drive: 48x CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive
      Single Drive: 4x DVD+RW Drive
      Single Drive: 8x DVD+RW Drive
      Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + FREE UPGRADE! 48x CD-RW Drive
      Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 4x DVD+RW Drive
      Dual Drives: 48x CD-RW Drive + 4x DVD+RW Drive
      Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 8x DVD+RW Drive
      Dual Drives: 48x CD-RW Drive + 8x DVD+RW Drive

      The last 4 vary from $179-$239 extra. I don't want anything
      spectacular--just to be able to read the discs already burned and
      continue on. How do I choose?

      Suggestions appreciated............Thanks much, mm