High-Speed Internet - WAS - Re: [NTO] Download File (to keep) From MS

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2003
      Alec Burgess wrote:
      > My condolences ... when we moved here (north of Toronto) Bell
      > Sympatico said that DSL would be extended to our neighbourhood
      > "soon". Others withing a mile or two ARE able to get DSL service.
      >
      > Two years later, still no DSL - I think it would require putting a
      > switching office closer or something. Fortunately, CABLE-TV is
      > ubiquitous in Canada and cable-internet access from them has been
      > near-perfect :-)

      We had cable internet until we moved. We have cable, but a new company. They
      do not have intenet service in our area yet, even though they have digital
      cable. They said they would have it late this year or early next.

      Same phone company. Had DSL available where we lived, just not here. Our
      house is maybe three blocks away from the phone office in town. My wife had
      a phone call yesterday about DSL but told them to call back. So I am in
      hopes that I will once again be able to send email and load a new web page
      at the same time.

      We have DSL at work, so I really get reminded on a daily basis just how bad
      dial up can be.

      Larry