Re: [NTO] Re: PDF to text

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2003
      Many thanks to Alan

      I did find the whole business of DOS retrieval (ah, so that's what STDOUT
      means) very cumbersome and I only got it to work once. Frustrating. So I
      rethought everything and now I have this curiosity which works every time (the
      continues and prompt are long lines; pdftot~2.lnk is a Writing Manager link to a
      folder):

      ^!SetClipboard fred.pdf fred.txt
      ^!Continue Open folder of source .PDF file and copy file across to folder,
      rename to fred.pdf, send program to command line and paste. Continue?
      ^!Shell c:\windows\startm~1\programs\writin~1\pdftot~2.lnk
      ^!Continue Copied across? Renamed to fred.pdf? Sent to Command Line and
      Pasted yet? Did fred.txt appear? Check the pdftotxt folder. Then continue.
      ^!Open C:\Program Files\Small Utilities\pdftotext\fred.txt
      ^!Save AS C:\My Documents\Preparations\PDFText Temporary.txt
      ^!Keyboard ALT+F R 1
      ^!DestroyDoc C:\Program Files\Small Utilities\pdftotext\fred.txt
      ^!Open C:\Program Files\Small Utilities\pdftotext\fred.pdf
      ^!DestroyDoc C:\Program Files\Small Utilities\pdftotext\fred.pdf
      ^!Prompt Save to a permanent filename if inserting more
      PDF text.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk