RE: [NTO] Drives Not Coming/Showing up in Windows

  • Brian Binder
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 18, 2003
      What ZIP drive (model) and what OS?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jody [mailto:kjv-av1611@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 1:20 PM
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [NTO] Drives Not Coming/Showing up in Windows

      Hi Brian and Others,

      I narrowed the Iomega Zip drive down to one of two things. A bad
      zip drive or the latest drivers do not support it. I think the
      later, but misplaced my Iomega CD. I think it will run on one of
      my older computers. Thanks for your help.

      >Will the floppy disk drive work if you boot it into safe mode?
      >Also, when looking at device manager in safe mode, hit the
      >plusses in front of your devices.
      >
      >If there are duplicates, or past hardware devices that are no
      >longer being used, delete them. Some machines will display like
      >10 CDROM drives, 4 floppy disk drives, etc.
      >
      >This can be part of the problem. I'm curious to see if Windows
      >will allow you to see or use the floppy drive from safe mode, as
      >it should be enabled.

      >> Just on the floppy disk problem machine. It shows up, but it
      >> is disable by Windows due to a driver problem so it says.
      >> Searching for a better one does not fix anything - already
      >> using the best. Try different floppy drives, cable, etc.

      In His Service,
      Bro. Jody Adair

      John 1:29; Acts 16:30-31; Rom. 3:23, 4:5, 5:8,
      6:23; 1 Cor. 15:3-4, Eph. 2:8-9; 1 Tim. 1:15

      And my song shall ever be,
      praise the Lamb who died for me,
      and I'll sing it while ages shall roll.

      Sojourners' Bible Study Page
      http://www.purewords.org/sojourner
      Sojourners' King James Bible Page
      http://www.purewords.org/kjb1611
      Bible Way Baptist Church
      http://www.bwbc.us
      Bible Way Press
      http://www.biblewaypress.com
      Sojourners' Clean-Funnies dot com
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      Sojourners' NoteTabbers Assistant Page
      http://www.notetab.net
      Sojourners' Flagship Page
      http://www.sojourner.us
      Fookes Software dot US (Try, buy, free, etc...)
      http://www.fookes.us

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 19, 2003
        Hi Brian,

        >What ZIP drive (model) and what OS?

        Thanks! FZ110A appears to be the model number. I believe it was
        originally on my Win95 machine. I do not know if Win98 was
        released then, but I know it was working on Win95 last time I had
        it on a machine. Right now I would need the drivers for
        Win95/98/XP, but I think the old Win95/98 drivers is what I
        really need. (Once again, I downloaded the latest driver set just
        the other day.)

        OK, the date on the drive is 98-09 so it appears to be made in
        September of 98 and I don't know if 98 was out yet. Wasn't it the
        really late one like it came out 1-2yrs late. <g>

        P/N: 134-507313-001-1
        FZ110A

        Still haven't found my CD for it, but my office is a
        wreck at the moment. haha - what else is new? <bg>

        I'm bring up another machine tonight, so I'll test in it. Oh, on my
        Win98/XP Pro machine Windows does not see the drive booting up in
        Win98 either.

        Search yahoogroups for the remainder of this thread/topic. Please
        see my signature line for link.

        Options for Off Topic List
        All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 20, 2003
          Jody,
          FWIW a couple of weeks ago, I installed a Zip Drive of about that same vintage on a new machine running XP. We couldn't find the original software so I downloaded the latest drivers from Iomega and it works fine. This was a drive that connected to LPT1. If I recall correctly there were several different choices on which package to download. Are you positive that you downloaded the correct package?

          Jim

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 20, 2003
            Hi Jim,

            I'm not 'zackly sure if it is the correct download, but it
            appeared to me that it was a one size fits all like Logitech mice
            drivers, etc. I have it in another machine that I'm building so I
            can check pretty soon, this PM maybe. Thanks!

            Created: Friday, November 07, 2003, 7:39:26 PM
            w32-x86-402.exe <--------------- Size on disk 8.21 MB (8,617,984 bytes)
            Size: 8.21 MB (8,616,972 bytes)
            8,416KB in go to Windows Explorer

            >FWIW a couple of weeks ago, I installed a Zip Drive of about that
            >same vintage on a new machine running XP. We couldn't find the
            >original software so I downloaded the latest drivers from Iomega
            >and it works fine. This was a drive that connected to LPT1. If I
            >recall correctly there were several different choices on which
            >package to download. Are you positive that you downloaded the
            >correct package?
            >
            >Jim
            >
            >>Hi Brian,
            >>
            >>>What ZIP drive (model) and what OS?
            >>
            >>P/N: 134-507313-001-1
            >>FZ110A

            See ya in the funnies,
            Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

            http://www.clean-funnies.com
          • Jim Hall
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 20, 2003
              Jody,

              You might want to check again :-)

              http://www.iomega.com/software/index.html

              The download wizard has 6 different Zip100 selections and 14 OS options as well as 12 language choices with 87 English software versions depending on your system configuration.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 21, 2003
                Hi Jim,

                >You might want to check again :-)
                >
                >http://www.iomega.com/software/index.html
                >
                >The download wizard has 6 different Zip100 selections and 14 OS
                >options as well as 12 language choices with 87 English software
                >versions depending on your system configuration.

                I still got the one size fits all. :) I use that loosely though.
                English is an automatic for me as is Win95/98/ME/2000/NT/2000.
                You don't find all that out though until program download time.
                However, thanks to you Jim I did get just the drivers for ADPAT
                (sp) instead of the MegaWare for Iomega Ware. I have to wait
                until I get another monitor to test it out though.