Re: [NTO] "PowerDesk Pro 5"

  • Michael Acklin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2003
      I can vouch for the program, PowerDesk Pro 5.

      I have been using PowerDesk for over 3 or 4 years. I first started using
      version 4, I believe. That was with Windows 98/ME. When I updated to WinXP,
      I installed PowerDesk 4 and when they came out with verison 5, I upgraded
      with out any thoughts at all.

      I believe there has been a couple of updates and I also believe I have the
      latest version.

      As for the program itself, I love it. I have always liked the file manager
      type of program and when they did away with it, File Manager that is, I was
      lost. I found PowerDesk and have been using it ever since. Just the File
      Manager part of the program was enough for me, but there is so many other
      features too numerious to mention. I do like the way you can convert gifs to
      jpg and visa-versa. Or any kind of graphics files for that matter.

      One thing I do not like about PowerDesk is the Zip interface. I use WinZip
      for all my zipped files, but PowerDesk wants to be the default zip program.
      PowerDesk can not handle zip within zips too good and when you get .rah and
      ace files, PowerDesk chokes. But I just right click the files and WinZip
      handles everything fine.

      But as I said, all the other features make PowerDesk well worth it.

      Hope this helps.

      Mike Acklin
      freeop@...