Free web site (1and1 Internet Inc) too good to be true?

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2003
      Someone on the Powertoolssoftware list posted about this ...

      http://order.1and1.com/

      They're offering a 3-year free web hosting package as a promotional deal
      available till 2004-01-04.

      Apparently this firm is reputable (well know in UK and rest of Europe). From
      what others on PTS say it looks like its on the up and up. It might be worth
      checking out. I'm in the midst of setting up a web-site or at least
      somewhere to stash files.

      Apparently you get 500 MB with 5 GB/month traffic. I think that's a pretty
      good deal. Doesn't include domain name but everything else but ... It seems
      you can set up one package per phone number - they call a number you give
      them to provide a 4-digit PIN number. Somewhat to my surprise the do NOT ask
      for credit card number!

      Any of you guys with more experience than I able to comment?

      Regards ... Alec
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2003
        Alec Burgess wrote:
        >Someone on the Powertoolssoftware list posted about this ...
        >
        >http://order.1and1.com/
        >
        >They're offering a 3-year free web hosting package as a promotional deal
        >available till 2004-01-04.

        No experience but two searches at webhostingtalk found some not so happy customers.

        http://snurl.com/2y0z
        http://snurl.com/2y0y