Re: [NTB]Bug? or "just the way it works"?

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003
      After my upgrade to Standard 4.95 I (While using WSFTP-LE) attempt to
      "View" in NoteTab, (I have updated the Target) The Notetab USED to
      open up immediately displaying the HTML file for editing. NOW to get it
      to open I have to open NoteTab, then activate the WS-FTP window
      immediately above it, THEN it opens with "View".

      If NoteTab is already open, but UNDER another window under Ws-FTP,
      thenit doesn't activate and call it to the top. (The File doesn't open
      in NoteTab, until I do the steps above)It also will not initialize a
      closed NoteTab upon occasion, but it does if no other windows are
      open.

      I have reinstalled the NoteTab several times to try to fix this.

      Is there something I can do to remedy this?

      Jeff
    • Mark B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
        >After my upgrade to Standard 4.95 I (While using WSFTP-
        >LE) attempt to "View" in NoteTab, (I have updated the
        >Target) The Notetab USED to open up immediately
        >displaying the HTML file for editing. NOW to get it to
        >open I have to open NoteTab, then activate the WS-FTP
        >window immediately above it, THEN it opens with "View".
        >If NoteTab is already open, but UNDER another window
        >under Ws-FTP, thenit doesn't activate and call it to
        >the top. (The File doesn't open in NoteTab, until I do
        >the steps above)It also will not initialize a closed
        >NoteTab upon occasion, but it does if no other windows
        >are open.
        >I have reinstalled the NoteTab several times to try to
        >fix this.
        >Is there something I can do to remedy this?
        >Jeff

        Hi, Jeff. I have NoteTab Std 4.95, WS_FTP LE 5.08, and XP Home SP1.
        The View button works perfectly in all circumstances. The Text Viewer
        field in WS_FTP is set to C:\Program Files\NoteTab Std\NoteTab.exe,
        which corresponds to the VIEWER line in WS_FTP.ini.

        I would try resetting "Text Viewer" and closing and opening WS_FTP (to
        make it read the INI file), and then verify by looking in the INI file
        directly.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2003
          Hi Jeff,

          I don't have a remedy other than to make sure your file
          associations are with NoteTab too. It might make a difference.
          Try a new ini file for grins too.

          If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab and rename
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light).
          Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually
          creating the INI file when you shut it down.

          You might take a look at my FtpZip which was built for Ws_Ftp LE
          from the get go years ago. I have many "one clickers" in my copy
          to upload the focused file to the site/folder I click on. It runs
          and shuts down in the background (well on the Taskbar). You could
          check the Clips out and do a reverse so that it downloads and
          opens the focused file, but seems to me it would just be as easy
          to open your hard drive copy, edit, then upload. :) The wizard
          supports up to 10 sites and 20 folders and is expandable.

          http://www.notetab.net/zip/ftpzip.zip

          Supports WinZip command-line too at no extra charge.

          >After my upgrade to Standard 4.95 I (While using WSFTP-LE)
          >attempt to "View" in NoteTab, (I have updated the Target) The
          >Notetab USED to open up immediately displaying the HTML file for
          >editing. NOW to get it to open I have to open NoteTab, then
          >activate the WS-FTP window immediately above it, THEN it opens
          >with "View".
          >
          >If NoteTab is already open, but UNDER another window under Ws-
          >FTP, thenit doesn't activate and call it to the top. (The File
          >doesn't open in NoteTab, until I do the steps above)It also will
          >not initialize a closed NoteTab upon occasion, but it does if no
          >other windows are open.

          See ya in the funnies,
          Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

          http://www.clean-funnies.com