Re: [NTO] Go Back

  • RS
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
      Hi Julie,

      At 04:23 PM 06/02/00 -0400, you wrote:
      >At 11:45 AM 06/02/2000 -0700, phil wrote:

      >I have
      >found GoBack useful in a couple of instances to restore previous versions
      >of files that had been written over, and a Eudora mailbox that was
      >corrupeted.

      You don't need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the
      .toc file will do in most cases.

      The .toc (Table of Contents) will be rebuilt automatically next time you
      start Eudora.

      Regards,

      RS
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
        At 03:02 PM 06/02/2000 -0500, RS wrote:

        >You don't need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the
        >.toc file will do in most cases.
        >
        >The .toc (Table of Contents) will be rebuilt automatically next time you
        >start Eudora.

        Oh, believe me, I tried that first! Didn't work in this instance... but
        GoBack restored it for me.

        Julie
      • RS
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
          Hi Julie,

          At 05:46 PM 06/02/00 -0400, you wrote:
          >At 03:02 PM 06/02/2000 -0500, RS wrote:
          >
          >>You don't need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the
          >>.toc file will do in most cases.
          >>
          >>The .toc (Table of Contents) will be rebuilt automatically next time you
          >>start Eudora.
          >
          >Oh, believe me, I tried that first! Didn't work in this instance... but
          >GoBack restored it for me.

          It really got corrupted, then :)

          Regards,

          RS
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
            Hi,

            Can someone please help me?

            I've lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning the window to
            the left where you see your mail boxes, personalities and so on. It was
            just gone when I rebooted and it won't come back.

            When going to "Tools" I can toggle everything on/off except the things
            belonging in that window: Mail Boxes, File Browser, Stationary, Signatures,
            Personalities.

            What's the trick?

            Damsel in Distress going Nuts
          • Paul King
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
              Hi Lotta

              Got to Tools | Mailboxes etc. All the stuff you want is
              in there.

              Paul King

              At 02:45 AM 6/7/00 +0200, you wrote:
              >Hi,
              >
              >Can someone please help me?
              >
              >I've lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning the window to
              >the left where you see your mail boxes, personalities and so on. It was
              >just gone when I rebooted and it won't come back.
              >
              >When going to "Tools" I can toggle everything on/off except the things
              >belonging in that window: Mail Boxes, File Browser, Stationary, Signatures,
              >Personalities.
              >
              >What's the trick?
              >

              >Damsel in Distress going Nuts

              >Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
              >experiments.
              >http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/9/_/_/_/960338797/
            • Paul King
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
                Hi Lotta:

                Sorry. I see you have already been in Tools and
                nothing works. Afraid I have no good advice.

                Paul King
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
                  Hi Lotta,

                  > I've lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning
                  > the window to the left where you see your mail boxes,
                  > personalities and so on. It was just gone when I rebooted and
                  > it won't come back.

                  OH, now you did it! :) I tried to recreate your problem, and
                  succeeded. However, I goofed and did not back up my current ini.
                  I had one named .old which is mainly just a ToolBar thing I have
                  to do to get back to normal. Try setting the following when
                  Eudora is closed.

                  MailboxesWindowPosition=566,18,745,444
                  MainWindowState=3

                  If that does not get it you might want to rename your ini file
                  and let Eudora make a new one. Then close Eudora and copy all
                  your Toolbar stuff and account info over.

                  I don't have the time right now to find exactly what settings
                  control it, but I know at least the two above have something
                  to do with it.

                  BTW, don't drag your mailbox window all the way to the side so
                  that it disappears. <g>

                  mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...