Re: [NTO] Word 2002 Recent List

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hi Dennis and Brian,

      Well, I see how I missed it. It is dulled/greyed and I don't know
      how to get it active. I have it activated via MS FWIW. ???

      >On Friday, November 07, 2003 at 18:16, Jody wrote:
      >
      >> Does anybody know how to get the recent files (recent files
      >> closed to reopen them easily) list working under the File menu in
      >> Word?
      >
      >Try this:
      >
      >Show or hide the list of recently used documents on the File menu
      >On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
      >

      >Select or clear the Recently used file list check box.
      >When the Recently used file list check box is selected, you can specify the
      >number of recently used files that appear on the File menu.
    • Brian Binder
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
        > Well, I see how I missed it. It is dulled/greyed and I don't know
        > how to get it active. I have it activated via MS FWIW. ???

        Normally this will happen in 2000/XP environments, as opposed to Windows 98
        or Me.

        Are you using TweakUI?

        Check out this TID and post back. This will hopefully solve this annoyance.

        http://support.microsoft.com?id=kb;;Q284896

        Brian
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2003
          Hi Brian,

          You da man!!! :) Fixed it right up.

          What a dumb thing to call multiple tabs on the Taskbar when
          opening additional files:

          Options | Windows in Taskbar

          >> Well, I see how I missed it. It is dulled/greyed and I don't know
          >> how to get it active. I have it activated via MS FWIW. ???
          >
          >Normally this will happen in 2000/XP environments, as opposed to Windows 98
          >or Me.
          >
          >Are you using TweakUI?
          >
          >Check out this TID and post back. This will hopefully solve this annoyance.
          >
          >http://support.microsoft.com?id=kb;;Q284896

          Options for Off Topic List
          All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm