Re: [NTO] Word 2002 Recent List

  • Dennis Cummins
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
      On Friday, November 07, 2003 at 18:16, Jody wrote:

      > Does anybody know how to get the recent files (recent files
      > closed to reopen them easily) list working under the File menu in
      > Word?

      Try this:

      Show or hide the list of recently used documents on the File menu
      On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.

      Select or clear the Recently used file list check box.
      When the Recently used file list check box is selected, you can specify the
      number of recently used files that appear on the File menu.

      --
      Dennis
    • Brian Binder
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
        I think it's Tools | Options | General (Recently Used File List) and then
        you can check the box to use the recently used file list and then how many
        you would like to view.

        Brian

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
          Hi Dennis and Brian,

          Well, I see how I missed it. It is dulled/greyed and I don't know
          how to get it active. I have it activated via MS FWIW. ???

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2003
            > Well, I see how I missed it. It is dulled/greyed and I don't know
            > how to get it active. I have it activated via MS FWIW. ???

            Normally this will happen in 2000/XP environments, as opposed to Windows 98
            or Me.

            Are you using TweakUI?

            Check out this TID and post back. This will hopefully solve this annoyance.

            http://support.microsoft.com?id=kb;;Q284896

            Brian
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 2003
              Hi Brian,

              You da man!!! :) Fixed it right up.

              What a dumb thing to call multiple tabs on the Taskbar when
              opening additional files:

              Options | Windows in Taskbar

              >> Well, I see how I missed it. It is dulled/greyed and I don't know
              >> how to get it active. I have it activated via MS FWIW. ???
              >
              >Normally this will happen in 2000/XP environments, as opposed to Windows 98
              >or Me.
              >
              >Are you using TweakUI?
              >
              >Check out this TID and post back. This will hopefully solve this annoyance.
              >
              >http://support.microsoft.com?id=kb;;Q284896

              Options for Off Topic List
              All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:
              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm