Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Go Back

Expand Messages
  • phil
    I have a program, that came with my new computer, called Go Back. What it purports to be is a recovery program. If you get a virus, for instance, you can
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
    • 0 Attachment
      I have a program, that came with my new computer, called Go Back. What
      it purports to be is a recovery program. If you get a virus, for instance,
      you
      can GoBack before you got it, and this program puts your computer back
      where you think it was OK.

      You can also recover a lost file with it. You can go find where you got rid
      of the file, and get it back. Or a Directory. Or other things.

      I don't kn0w how reliable it is, since I have not had to use it, and I am
      looking
      for input from anyone who knows a good bit about this program. Does it
      really work?

      Phil E.
    • RS
      Hi Julie, ... You don t need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the .toc file will do in most cases. The .toc (Table of Contents) will be
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Julie,

        At 04:23 PM 06/02/00 -0400, you wrote:
        >At 11:45 AM 06/02/2000 -0700, phil wrote:


        >I have
        >found GoBack useful in a couple of instances to restore previous versions
        >of files that had been written over, and a Eudora mailbox that was
        >corrupeted.

        You don't need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the
        .toc file will do in most cases.

        The .toc (Table of Contents) will be rebuilt automatically next time you
        start Eudora.

        Regards,

        RS
      • Julie
        ... Hi Phil, GoBack seems to be installed on most of Gateway s newer systems. I have found GoBack useful in a couple of instances to restore previous versions
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
        • 0 Attachment
          At 11:45 AM 06/02/2000 -0700, phil wrote:

          >GoBack
          >
          >I don't kn0w how reliable it is, since I have not had to use it, and I am
          >looking
          >for input from anyone who knows a good bit about this program. Does it
          >really work?

          Hi Phil,

          GoBack seems to be installed on most of Gateway's newer systems. I have
          found GoBack useful in a couple of instances to restore previous versions
          of files that had been written over, and a Eudora mailbox that was
          corrupeted. However, because of a problem we had with this new Gateway, and
          *many* calls to their tech support, I've come to the conclusion that the
          majority of Gateway's technical support seem to use the program as a CRUTCH
          and as a COP-OUT. They don't want to troubleshoot, they just want you to
          "GoBack" and restore the system to a previous safe point. The problem with
          our system turned out to be video card related and not software related.

          I also found when you defragment your hard drive you get rid of GoBack
          history. That's not listed anywhere in the Help File, but a tech confirmed
          it for me.

          Julie
        • Julie
          ... Oh, believe me, I tried that first! Didn t work in this instance... but GoBack restored it for me. Julie
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
          • 0 Attachment
            At 03:02 PM 06/02/2000 -0500, RS wrote:

            >You don't need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the
            >.toc file will do in most cases.
            >
            >The .toc (Table of Contents) will be rebuilt automatically next time you
            >start Eudora.

            Oh, believe me, I tried that first! Didn't work in this instance... but
            GoBack restored it for me.

            Julie
          • RS
            Hi Julie, ... It really got corrupted, then :) Regards, RS
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2000
            • 0 Attachment
              Hi Julie,

              At 05:46 PM 06/02/00 -0400, you wrote:
              >At 03:02 PM 06/02/2000 -0500, RS wrote:
              >
              >>You don't need to use GoBack if a mailbox gets corrupted. Just deleting the
              >>.toc file will do in most cases.
              >>
              >>The .toc (Table of Contents) will be rebuilt automatically next time you
              >>start Eudora.
              >
              >Oh, believe me, I tried that first! Didn't work in this instance... but
              >GoBack restored it for me.
              >


              It really got corrupted, then :)


              Regards,

              RS
            • Lotta
              Hi, Can someone please help me? I ve lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning the window to the left where you see your mail boxes,
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi,

                Can someone please help me?

                I've lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning the window to
                the left where you see your mail boxes, personalities and so on. It was
                just gone when I rebooted and it won't come back.

                When going to "Tools" I can toggle everything on/off except the things
                belonging in that window: Mail Boxes, File Browser, Stationary, Signatures,
                Personalities.

                What's the trick?



                Damsel in Distress going Nuts
              • Paul King
                Hi Lotta Got to Tools | Mailboxes etc. All the stuff you want is in there. Paul King
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hi Lotta

                  Got to Tools | Mailboxes etc. All the stuff you want is
                  in there.

                  Paul King

                  At 02:45 AM 6/7/00 +0200, you wrote:
                  >Hi,
                  >
                  >Can someone please help me?
                  >
                  >I've lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning the window to
                  >the left where you see your mail boxes, personalities and so on. It was
                  >just gone when I rebooted and it won't come back.
                  >
                  >When going to "Tools" I can toggle everything on/off except the things
                  >belonging in that window: Mail Boxes, File Browser, Stationary, Signatures,
                  >Personalities.
                  >
                  >What's the trick?
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >Damsel in Distress going Nuts
                  >
                  >
                  >------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  >Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
                  >experiments.
                  >http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/9/_/_/_/960338797/
                  >------------------------------------------------------------------------
                • Paul King
                  Hi Lotta: Sorry. I see you have already been in Tools and nothing works. Afraid I have no good advice. Paul King
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi Lotta:

                    Sorry. I see you have already been in Tools and
                    nothing works. Afraid I have no good advice.

                    Paul King
                  • Jody
                    Hi Lotta, ... OH, now you did it! :) I tried to recreate your problem, and succeeded. However, I goofed and did not back up my current ini. I had one named
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6, 2000
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi Lotta,

                      > I've lost the mail boxes window in Eudora altogether. Meaning
                      > the window to the left where you see your mail boxes,
                      > personalities and so on. It was just gone when I rebooted and
                      > it won't come back.

                      OH, now you did it! :) I tried to recreate your problem, and
                      succeeded. However, I goofed and did not back up my current ini.
                      I had one named .old which is mainly just a ToolBar thing I have
                      to do to get back to normal. Try setting the following when
                      Eudora is closed.

                      MailboxesWindowPosition=566,18,745,444
                      MainWindowState=3

                      If that does not get it you might want to rename your ini file
                      and let Eudora make a new one. Then close Eudora and copy all
                      your Toolbar stuff and account info over.

                      I don't have the time right now to find exactly what settings
                      control it, but I know at least the two above have something
                      to do with it.

                      BTW, don't drag your mailbox window all the way to the side so
                      that it disappears. <g>

                      Happy Topics,
                      Jody

                      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
                      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
                      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-UnSubscribe@...
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.