RE: [NTO] Spam filtering

  • Jason Wellband
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2003
      Alec,

      It sounds to me like it's a "dirty-word" filter. Regardless of what it
      is, it should NOT be boucing directly to you (the proper bounce should
      go to Yahoogroups & they'll log it)

      Now for spam reduction: I like SpamBayes. It plugs directly into Outlook
      2000 or XP so I don't have some other mail proxy running. It requires a
      lot of training so it's not 100% yet but it's getting there.

      Hth

      Jason

      ---

      Sent with Jason's laptop

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2003
        Laurie wrote:
        >I just got a message too, here's what Mine said... same as yours I guess:
        <snip>
        >But the message went through... what in the world is going on???

        You said the P word. Shame on you! <g> I imagine doctors must have a lot of trouble with these retarded bad word filters. It seems like you can't mention bodily parts at all or they go berserk.

        Let's test. Hand, foot, tummy, eye, ear, pinkie, *****, *****, *****.