character sets and "Downloaded from"

  • Fay
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Could someone please explain to me about character sets, and specifically
      why Windows seems to have one of its own. What effect would it have on curly
      quotes and things?
      Also, if I send someone an html document as an attachment to an email, why
      and how does Outlook Express put at the top, "Downloaded from url so and
      so"? This stops external links in the document from working. It can be
      overcome by sending the document as txt and having the recipient change it
      back on arrival, but I can't see a reason for an email client to mess with
      attachments.
      Thanks for enlightenment on either of these questions.
      Fay.