OT: Mail Failure & Woes (x-Post)

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2003
      Hi all!
      I was wondering if anyone kept the digests?
      I have had a very weird "bug" happen. I choose the word "bug" carefully,
      since no one, anywhere, has ever heard of this. Even I would tell you it's
      your imagination. Uninstalling software seems to delete my profile, which
      contains Outlook and Outlook Express, mail files, Favorites, Temporary
      Internet Files, settings for FTP programs, NT Back-up catalogues, and many
      more important items.

      So I lost that. I rebuilt from back-up and was working on my computer
      again. Evidently, since I mapped the drives to the back-ups, the next time
      I uninstalled something -- 2 weeks later -- it searched through all my
      drives and deleted my back-ups. My tale of woe. I find myself strangely
      grieving!

      My 5 year calendar, contacts, receipts, registrations, invoices, genealogy
      contacts, etc., are gone. Ironically, I have become a back-up fanatic.
      I've been backing up daily, refreshing every hour if I'm working. I just
      had to reboot because of stupid satellite issues, and an uninstall deleted
      the profile again. At least I have the last 3 days' work in back-up! I'm
      losing my mind on this one. But that's another rant. (Any suggestions or
      ideas?)

      Anyway, I'm looking for my lists' digests back to August 2 of 2002. If you
      happen to be an anal collector as I am, please email me privately?
      Christine@....

      I appreciate anyone's time and help. Thank you in advance!

      Christine