Re: [NTO] Thinkpad T20

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11 9:41 AM
      DA,

      At 03:35 AM 9/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hi Jim,
      >
      >You've aroused my curiosity -- Why a T20?
      >Is there something special about this model?

      Just that I have a broken one (P3 700MHZ 512MB RAM) and liked it (I have since replaced it with a new P4 266MHZ 1GB RAM Presario) and would like to get some data (pictures) off of the T20 Hard drive and then give it to a friend.

      There are lots of them around.

      The price range is right.

      I have 90% spare parts and all accessories on hand - DVD, Modem, NIC, Floppy, case etc.

      The audio driver is loud enough (most laptops aren't) that I can hear it (I'm half deaf )

      Actually any of the T2X series will do.

      The T40's are more expensive and I'm not sure if the parts are all interchangeable.

      I also have a couple of broken Presarios with the same situation with data on the hard drives.

      None of this is critical, they are just items on the back burner :-)

      Jim