Re: [NTO] operating systems on ibm thinkpad 600x

  • DA
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2003
      Hi Jim,

      You've aroused my curiosity -- Why a T20?
      Is there something special about this model?

      DA

      Jim Hall wrote:
      > I also have a broken T20 :-)
      >
      > I'm also interested in buying another one if the price is right and yes, I watch for them on E-Bay.
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11, 2003
        DA,

        At 03:35 AM 9/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
        >Hi Jim,
        >
        >You've aroused my curiosity -- Why a T20?
        >Is there something special about this model?

        Just that I have a broken one (P3 700MHZ 512MB RAM) and liked it (I have since replaced it with a new P4 266MHZ 1GB RAM Presario) and would like to get some data (pictures) off of the T20 Hard drive and then give it to a friend.

        There are lots of them around.

        The price range is right.

        I have 90% spare parts and all accessories on hand - DVD, Modem, NIC, Floppy, case etc.

        The audio driver is loud enough (most laptops aren't) that I can hear it (I'm half deaf )

        Actually any of the T2X series will do.

        The T40's are more expensive and I'm not sure if the parts are all interchangeable.

        I also have a couple of broken Presarios with the same situation with data on the hard drives.

        None of this is critical, they are just items on the back burner :-)

        Jim