Re: [NTO] Anti Virus (was Re: SPAM/Filtering )

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
      Daily
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Fay" <feigh@...>
      To: <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 9:16 PM
      Subject: [NTO] Anti Virus (was Re: SPAM/Filtering )

      A question. How often do you get updates for AVG? Just interested.

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
        I have WebSite-Watcher monitoring the page where they announce new updates
        (but that's just because I "watch" the approrpriate page for ALL programs so
        I can keep up to date with any new versions released. I don't suggest any
        sane person would do it like I do :-)

        I've been using AVG 6 (the free one) for about four months - it seems to
        average about 3 to 4 updates a month. When the SOBig and the w32.blaster
        "came out" within days of each other there were multiple updates available
        quite quickly.

        Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
          I have Vet. It wasn't expensive and there's an annual update fee of under
          $Aus50.00. Usually there are five or six updates per week. When things are
          interesting, I've had three in a day.
          My friends who use Norton have a similar story--although not everyone sees
          their updates come in--the program just gets on with it.
          If a virus is changing rapidly, I don't think something I updated last week
          is really going to be up there at the front when today's version hits. It
          might be like expecting my smallpox vaccination to protect me from the
          latest viral influenza.