SPAM/Filtering (was Re: [NTO] European Government Software PatentsVote)

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
      I'm right with you Fay, I purchased the pro version exactly 15
      minutes (ok, I'm being over dramatic here) after I saw what it could
      do...

      At any rate I've been using MailWasher for about 18 months and I know
      I would have shot my computer by now if I didn't have it..

      Spam??

      I don't know what it is..

      And it's a great feeling..

      I also don't know what pop up windows are either but that's a totally
      different subject for another day..

      John

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Fay" <feigh@n...> wrote:
      > I have Mailwasher. I've even paid for the registered version!
      > If I have it open I hear new mail come in, or I can open it when I
      want to.
      > It shows all the mail that's "out there".
      > In a few seconds it puts marks beside mails from its own and my
      personal
      > "blacklists".
      > It works on where the mail really comes from, not the words in the
      subject
      > or the sender's name. Some letters yesterday from real people that
      had funny
      > addresses shown were not marked as spammy.
      > I can see what's there, and if I really wanted an anatomical
      enhancement
      > this week I could remove a mark from that particular mail.
      > I click "process mail".
      > My email client opens. I click "Receive". The letters without marks
      are
      > downloaded, and the marked ones fly off into the wide blue yonder.
      Ideally,
      > and if possible, they're bounced back to the pest person.
      > All the settings I had to do were to tell Mailwasher my own
      addresses and to
      > tell Outlook Express not to check for mail.
      > I've had it for over a year and it works like a charm.
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > Fay
      >
      > see my page at
      > http://fay.iniminimo.com/
    • Fay
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2003
        John wrote:
        I also don't know what pop up windows are either but that's a totally
        different subject for another day..

        Might that be a Google Toolbar subject? :-)