Re: [NTO] Re: SPAM/Filtering

    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 3 5:30 PM
      Hi Alec and Julie,

      (Thanks Julie!)

      Bombarded daily here 200-350 it seems. Using eMail Remover v2.4
      to delete the junk at the server. I prefer it (v2.4) over 3.x and
      over Popcorn. In Popcorn you have to check the box - real small
      target area. In eRemover you can click anywhere on the line to
      select it. Ctrl+A works properly in eRemover also which is real
      handy to do with 200-350 or so messages to delete. I just do the
      Ctrl+A and un-select the messages to download. I do not think you
      can still download eMail Remover v2.4 anymore. You have to get
      the 3.x or above which has the nags. I suppose I could upload if
      anybody wants to check it out.

      >> who's in the midst of a losing battle trying to get her son's
      >> teacher to use BCC instead of CC with 25+ email addresses
      >
      >Too true. 25 *more* chances to get sent the latest virus/worm
      >when one of them gets infected ...

      All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 16 3:42 PM
        Greg:

        hrs: >> Another thing he (alec) mentioned, I'm not sure if nPoP does, is
        allow only
        >> messages from certain sources to pop up the MailCall headers window.
        >
        > Not sure I understand you here...
        >
        > If you have set nPOP to Auto-check every x minutes then it will check
        > all accounts. However, accounts can be individually set to be exempt
        > from a "Check All".

        Mailcall2 allows you to (if you wish) to essentially ignore which acct the
        mail was sent to (that's how I like it)

        Only one summary count total shown in the systray icon, but the icon changes
        color if any mail came in that meets designated filter conditions.

        For each filter you can designate which WAV file gets played. I recorded
        messages so that I get:

        "Personal mail for alec" (has the string "alec" in it)
        "Mail for pattie" (it was sent to my wife's account - not much of this)
        "Yahoo-bounce back" (To: contains @yahoogroups and From:is_my_account")
        "Regular mail" anything not meeting one of the above three filter conditions

        Only mail that meets "Personal mail for alec" condition has the flag set to
        display a pop-list. When shown it lists ALL mail waiting on the server, with
        the "Personal mail" sorted at the top.

        Regards ... Alec