Banners WAS: [NTB] my eyes - I see ads!

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Alec wrote
      >This wanders perilously close to being off-topic (forgive me this once
      >Jody)

      My apologies again. I just meant to change subject to get it off Stefan's patents thread. Sorry.

      >, but if the skyscrapers you're talking about are the banners on the
      >Yahoo-groups web-site pages

      Nah. Maybe I exaggerated just a little. But they are higher than standard banners, about 300*250. I guess that's the standard format for yahoogroups. I wouldn't know. I still get them anyway. :-(

      Oh well. I'll stop whining now. If they aren't gone in a couple of days I'll start again.

      Lotta
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        Dear "in shame" Lotta.. <Grin>

        If you happen to view these messages online as I do, then I highly
        second what Alex suggested on the basic list about using the
        Proxomitron web filter armed with the special yahoo filter..

        I never see any ads of any kind while I surf the yahoo boards, nor do
        I see any redirect pages..

        John

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
          Hi John,
          >If you happen to view these messages online as I do, then I highly
          >second what Alex suggested on the basic list about using the
          >Proxomitron web filter armed with the special yahoo filter..

          No, they come in the emails! They came in the emails. Your post doesn't have a banner and is plain text. From hereon I'll only accept posts from John Zeman. Let it be known.

          Happy again!
          Lotta
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
            Hi Lotta,

            > No, they come in the emails! They came in the emails. Your post
            > doesn't have a banner and is plain text. From hereon I'll only
            > accept posts from John Zeman. Let it be known.

            Sounds like it's your HTML setting for just the basic list that has got
            corrupted. In my experience, this kind of thing is not unusual for
            YahooGroups. :-(

            Hopefully, everyone's messages here reach you with no more than little text

            Greg
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
              Greg Chapman wrote:
              >Sounds like it's your HTML setting for just the basic list that has got
              >corrupted. In my experience, this kind of thing is not unusual for
              >YahooGroups. :-(

              Nope, thank heavens it was the option change made by the Yahoo troll. I've eagerly awaited a post to one of the other lists and one just came in on NTB and it was clean as newly fallen snow.

              >Hopefully, everyone's messages here reach you with no more than little text

              Oh yes!