reducing disk writes

  • Dean Martineau
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2003
      I have a hairbrained idea. I'm using an Ibm Thinkpad 600X with a P3,
      750MHZ processor and 512MB RAM. Assuming I'm using Eudora and NoteTab Pro
      primarily, are there settings I can tweak so that the hard drive is used
      less? I want to try to turn it offf during battery use as much as possible
      to conserve the battery. Similarly, does anybody know if any of the
      settings in Winamp can have the same effect while I listen to music?

      Dean