RE: [NTO] Re: Privacy

  • Wojciech Kostecki
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 1:33 PM
      Hi Larry,

      > I see that Marco and Harvey already recommended OptOut, which I
      > also use. The author of OptOut, Steve Gibson, hosts a news group for
      > OptOut and for ZoneAlarm on his site. He is not associated with
      > ZoneAlarm,
      [WK] How do you know? It seems that he uses his site, evaluations,
      probes etc. to promote his own programs and achievements rather than
      independent testing.
      > but his site is the one that first directed me to it. I am not on
      > either of these newsgroups, but do check in on the web occasionally.
      [WK] In March I have subscribed to his monthly bulleting advertised
      as a source of information and advice but received only one short message so
      far. So again, I am a bit sceptical.

      > If you cannot get ZoneAlarm to return your messages, they have a good
      > FAQ on ZoneAlarm, but you better read it before asking any questions
      > on the news group. From some of the posts I have read, some of the
      > members of the group are "rougher" in language and attitude, than I
      > experience with the NoteTab lists.
      [WK] I will, thanks for the warning.

      Wojciech