IE Link Trouble

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hi all!

      Have you been having trouble with holding down the Shift key and opening
      hyperlinks in another window?

      I started having this trouble this weekend on my mom's Netpliance. I wrote
      to Earthlink, who gave me some hoo-ha about >>Microsoft has just recently
      lost the ability to provide full Java support on their default browser. In
      order to receive all of the script readers, you will need to visit the
      following site, and get the updates for the software:

      http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/index-14.html<<

      But now I'm having the same trouble here at home! No amount of berating,
      pleading or machinations will let me open a hyperlink in a separate window.
      No, not even the right-click choices.

      Short of a slow system failure, I can't figure out what the heck is going
      on!

      Christine
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
        Hi Christine,

        Are they links from within NoteTab or everywhere like your eMail
        program too? I might be able to help with NoteTab.

        >Have you been having trouble with holding down the Shift key and opening
        >hyperlinks in another window?
        >
        >I started having this trouble this weekend on my mom's
        >Netpliance. I wrote to Earthlink, who gave me some hoo-ha about
        >>>Microsoft has just recently lost the ability to provide full
        >Java support on their default browser. In order to receive all of
        >the script readers, you will need to visit the following site,
        >and get the updates for the software:
        >
        ><http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/index-14.html>http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/index-14.html
        >
        >But now I'm having the same trouble here at home! No amount of
        >berating, pleading or machinations will let me open a hyperlink
        >in a separate window. No, not even the right-click choices.
        >
        >Short of a slow system failure, I can't figure out what the heck
        >is going on!

        All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
          Christine wrote:
          > No amount of berating, pleading or machinations will let me
          > open a hyperlink in a separate window. No, not even the
          > right-click choices.

          Try here:
          <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281679>

          Lotta
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
            >>Try here:
            <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281679>

            Lotta<<

            You are GREAT, Lotta!
            That did the trick.

            Jody, to answer your question, it was within IE 6.whatever, only. eMail was
            fine, as was NTP.
            Interestingly enough, I was also unable to copy/paste from anything
            displayed in the IE windows. When I'd go to Ctrl+V, it would remain empty.
            This little reg trick took care of it.
            I appreciate the help!

            Christine

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
              Hi Christine, Lotta...

              > <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281679>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281679>q281679

              I'll need to look into that as far as the copy/paste goes. I
              have intermittent problems with it and it is aggravating to do
              the switching back and forth. What's weird though, when it
              starts happening I can turn on NoteTab's Paste Board and it will
              capture it, but it is still not on the Clipboard. I can
              copy/paste via NoteTab then though.