Re: [NTO] Re: old games will not run setup

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6 4:57 PM
      Hi Jorma,

      <<Usually the easiest way to run old programs is to use pure DOS bootdisk>>

      Assuming the DOS applications are well behaved, is there any risk of harming
      the subsequent ability to re-boot in WinXP or Win98 if one boots up in DOS
      occasionally?

      Thanks for the advice.

      Ray Shapp
    • jorigami
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7 12:24 PM
        > Assuming the DOS applications are well behaved, is there any risk of
        harming
        > the subsequent ability to re-boot in WinXP or Win98 if one boots up
        in DOS
        > occasionally?

        I haven't had any problems, and I've used DOS disks with all of Win98,
        ME, and 2000 Pro installed (not on the same machine at the same time).

        Jorma