Re: [NTO] Caution: Earthlink Account information request

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2003
      Hi LaurieK and Others,

      My wife and I received the earthlink.COM one. <g> For one thing,
      they (earthlink.net) would not send an eMail to a secondary eMail
      address - they always go to the primary. I have no idea who
      earthlink.com, but we use earthlink.NET. And, yes LK, if the
      account is suspended, then how are we connecting..., etc.

      Earthlink.net will send an eMail notifying you that the charge
      failed and that they would try again. (I know - my wife's fault
      of course ;) You can always go to your ISP's home page and get a
      phone number to call from their site if you want to make sure.

      It is good to have your ISP's billing and support numbers anyway -
      before a problem arises. I would not trust a phone number in a
      suspected eMail, less you get billed $1000.00 a minute to the
      Bahamas. Actually, I don't think I ever made a call to anybody
      via eMail unless I had made prior arrangements, etc.

      >in conjunction with Scott's warning, I thought I would share
      >this.... we've seen this thing before and have contacted
      >earthlink. #1 ... If the account is suspended how can you get
      >this email???
      >
      >Just be wary of giving out information to unknown sources...
      >speaking to someone at the place of business is always best... I
      >am sure you all know this.... but I thought I'd give y'all a
      >head's up...

      See ya,
      Jody

      Do you know where you will spend eternity?
      Ask me what the following means...
      Rom. 3:23; 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9; 1Cor. 15:3-4
      Acts 16:30-31, 27:25; Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      Sojourners of the Lord
      http://www.purewords.org/sojourner
      http://www.clean-funnies.com