Re: [NTO] Exessive quoting

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2003
      Hi All,

      I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth although the most of you
      probably know already.

      If it is just a one subject simple (cut & dry) answer I normally
      reply on top. I still remove the unneeded text. I've received
      messages that are 30 lines long and I only need to quote a few of
      them when I reply.

      If it going to take a bit of answering I normally go underneath
      and still removing the unwanted text. I almost always go
      paragraph by paragraph <snip>'n as necessary.

      I've been told by people with screen readers prefer to quoted
      text below the reply because they have to go back through it all
      again. But, a screen reader user told me that as long as the
      extra text is removed it does not matter where the reply is and
      for him he preferred the reply to be paragraph by paragraph.

      It is good that a lot of the members that post frequently do it
      paragraph by paragraph if it is a long post. That style is by
      far the easiest for everybody to follow. I couldn't imagine
      having to scroll up and down and up and down trying to keep the
      reply at the top - I think it would prevent the regulars from
      posting as much as they do and would save a very lot of people a
      very lot of time.

      All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists: