Re: [NTB] Sound recorder

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2003
      At 06:40 PM 8/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >But since I've got this far...my inquiry is about the Windows Sound Recorder
      >program. It allows one to record only 60 seconds at a time. Could anybody
      >recommend a freeware/shareware program that does not have this 60-second
      >limitation?

      There are several at:

      http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwaudioedit.shtml

      I found that some of the free/Lite versions limit you to 10 minutes of recording and if you want unlimited recording you have to pay.

      I just recently purchased the Pro Version of High Criteria's Total recorder for $36 but for straight recording, the Standard Edition for $12 would probably do everything you want.
      http://highcriteria.com/

      I have had no problem with it whatsoever and one point to be aware of is that it provides it's own drivers which you can select or deselect at CONTROL PANEL>SOUNDS>AUDIO (or whatever is appropriate for your OS)

      Regards,

      Jim