(moved) Re: [Clip] Browser problems.

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2003
      Larry:

      If the first two suggestions in the article Loro references don't work I'd
      definitely try the last one - >>NOTE: Another method to resolve this is to
      utilize the IE repair tool, if available<<. If you can't use the repair tool
      (available when selecting Uninstall) and if you've got a high-speed
      connection you might try finding the IE-6 install on MS's site(s) and just
      install over.

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2003
        At 07:26 PM 7/29/03 -0400, you wrote:
        >Larry:
        >
        >If the first two suggestions in the article Loro references don't work I'd
        >definitely try the last one - >>NOTE: Another method to resolve this is to
        >utilize the IE repair tool, if available<<. If you can't use the repair tool
        >(available when selecting Uninstall) and if you've got a high-speed
        >connection you might try finding the IE-6 install on MS's site(s) and just
        >install over.
        >

        >Regards ... Alec

        Hi Lotta and Alec and All,

        I have tried most of this but none has worked so far. Please note, when I
        went into Options/Internet and removed the path/file information from the
        Main Browser and Other Browser fields and now MSIE 6 is launched whenever I
        use the F8 or Shift+F8 keys. I can also launch MSIE from my NoteTab clips
        using ^!Shell and ^!Command commands. Further more several other programs
        will launch MSIE from file associations so this is not a problem. The
        problem is that I can no longer use the "Main Browser", "Other Browser"
        feature in the Options setup. If I set this up with the path\filenames, it
        gives me the error message twice each time I try to use it with out
        launching either browser. The only way that I can launch the other
        browsers now is through a clip.

        ExanokeL

        ^!C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe "^**"

        Launches the current document in Mozilla but I cannot lauch it the old way
        that I could. I have to add a button on my clipbar rather that use the
        other. I can use the other if I make mozilla my default browser. So you
        see, associations do not have an effect. Apparently it has something to do
        with NoteTabs method of accessing browsers through the Options settings.

        Anyway thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2003
          Larry Thomas wrote:

          > I have tried most of this but none has worked so far.
          > The only way that I can launch the other
          > browsers now is through a clip.
          >
          > ExanokeL
          >
          > ^!C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe "^**"
          >
          > Launches the current document in Mozilla but I cannot lauch it the
          old way
          > that I could. I have to add a button on my clipbar rather that use the
          > other. I can use the other if I make mozilla my default browser.
          >
          > Anyway thanks for all of your help and suggestions.
          >
          > Regards,

          Larry,

          What you put in this message may be different than your actual shortcut
          or what you have entered in View/Options/Internet/Main Browser or other
          browser. But, the command line above shouldn't work.

          ^!"C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" "^**"

          A pathname with spaces should be surrounded with double quotes whether
          you're in, or, out of Notetab. If this is your path and if, by chance,
          you don't have double quotes around the "path/filename" string put them
          around the string and try it.

          hrs

          P.S.

          This is some of the earlier post that I didn't send.

          Larry,

          I've seen similar Error Messages on occasion when running a script or
          shortcut and the path/name with spaces wasn't surrounded by quotes.
          This could be such a case an was inadvertently saved

          The fact that F8 gives the error msg. seems to indicate you may have a
          similar path problem? It's only seeing the 'C:\Program' part of the
          pathname line.

          Do you use MailBag and have you recently built any scripts to capture
          messages from your email client? Possibly the 'Program' file in the
          \root is a collection that should have been added to a mailbag archive
          except for the faulty path.

          You might try adding .mbg extension and see if you can view it in MailBag.

          This may not pertain but, for installing and uninstalling, I remember
          from one of these lists, advice to uncheck 'View/Options/Advanced/Store
          settings in registry.

          If I had to, I would;

          Uninstall NoteTab

          Backup the Registry, Use a registry Cleaner to clean invalid
          entries, then backup the registry again.

          Run Disk fixer, Scandisk or third party.

          Run a defragmenter, Windows Defrag or third party.

          Reinstall NoteTab

          Cross my fingers.

          hrs