Re: X1-Find (was [MB] What are size limits for Mailbag)

  • ron_jeffries
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2003
      I am also trying the new X1 program.
      It has real promise!

      But, so far I am interacting
      with their bug department,
      because it is not finding the
      correct set of email files to index.

      The godo news: they are really quick
      to respond on bugs and suggestions.
      Now they have not yet FIXED what
      I have found so far, but I have hope.

      when they get X1 right, it could be
      killer for searching. I may still
      use MB as a way to get some stats, massage
      all those email addresses, etc.

      But I have SO much email (in Netscape 7.1
      format) that managing teh naitive files
      and an MB archive is a disk space issue.

      I actually went and bougth a USB 2.0/Firewire
      80MB external disk to be able to backup
      all my stupid email. Is that SICK or what?

      http://www.x1.com

      -ron jeffries