[NTO] Comparing EditPad and Notetab?

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
      I use EditPad for the print preview with its headers and footers and page numbers,
      so that a clip in NoteTab copies all the text and launches EditPad, from where the
      text is pasted in and print previewing can begin the process of printing. If I print
      with NoteTab the computer freezes afterwards; if I print with MS Word and
      NoteTab is left open the computer freezes. I text process and HTML create with
      NoteTab but never print with NoteTab.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • ron_jeffries
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2003
        I have been using EditPad a long time,
        and have also used MoteTab, but on and off.

        These are both great programs. I tend to stick
        to EditPad beacsue I like its simplicity.
        With rare exceptions, it does what I need.
        I agree, it has above average print control
        for a so-called "text editor."

        NoteTab has the bility (as I recall)
        to mark a columan block of text.
        That's a big deal when you need it.
        The NoteTab "clips" macro language
        has never caught my imagination.
        I confess I have not tried to learn it,
        and I actually can learn a new scripting
        language fairly quickly. I admit...
        syntax doesn't appeal to me. ;) But I know
        Jody can write almost anything as a clip.
        He prolly has a compiler for C he wrote
        as a NoteTab clip. ;)

        To conclkude my ramble, EditPad feels "light"
        to me, and NoteTab, for all its power, feels
        considerably "heavier."

        I am ashamed to admit, more and more
        I just use MS Word. I HATE That!!!

        --ron jeffries

        p.s. for years anmd years I stuck with
        the Norton Editor, written bvy my frind
        Stan Reifel. But DOS eventually faded away,
        and he quit enhancing it. Man was it ever
        small and simle and fast! It was LIGHT. ;)

        -- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold