Re: [NTO] NT Pro v4.95 minor bug

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2003
      have you checked the target of your shortcut for NoteTab, to make
      sure it isn't activating the activation file (downoaded file)
      instead of the Notetab.exe file in the proper folder?
      --

      Jeffery Scism, IBSSG

      Links to my Homepages: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/

      Genius- Noun. A person who through innate ability is capable of
      reaching the wrong conclusion faster than anyone else.
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2003
        Hi Eric:

        I was offline for a couple of days, but don't see any answers to this one.

        You said the only thing you see in the INI file are four HTML settings.

        Most (if not all) programs will create any required INI file with default
        values if its not found when they open. Assuming its not a permissions
        problem of some sort ... You mentioned Network permissions - is the copy of
        Notetab you're running somewhere else than on your machine?

        Try navigating to the folder containing the NotePro.ini file (while Notetab
        is *NOT* open) and rename it to something else (say) notepro.inibak.

        Then startup Notetab again and exit it. You should now have a Notepro.ini
        with default values; and can try making some changes to View-Options. After
        exiting Notetab check to see if these changes are "taking" (examine the file
        with Notepad or Wordpad)

        Regards ... Alec