NT Pro v4.95 minor bug

  • Rowe, Eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2003
      Hi again,

      It's been some weeks since I last posted to the group about this problem, so I've forwarded my original post for convenience's sake. I have since upgraded to 4.95, but the problem still persists. Each time I open the application, it is as though I had never run it before: no settings are kept, recent files do not appear, and read-me files and tips are all displayed.

      I have checked my NotePro.ini file to verify that it is not read-only, and that changes made to it will in fact be saved; both of these factors seem to be fine. It has been suggested that I need to edit this file, e.g., add the line "ShowTips=0". It looks like I can do this, but the file itself appears to be missing a portion of it's normal data; the only info displayed are four HTML settings (doctype, charset, etc.) under the heading "[ClipValues]", and seems to have been generated while I was demonstrating NT's HTML capabilities to a co-worker.

      Unfortunately, I know very little about working with .ini files, and don't know how to go about adding additional settings to this one. It does not appear to be taking changes automatically (I suspect that my network privileges might be the problem there), so I may need to create the whole thing from scratch. Can anyone offer advice, or point me to any good online resources? I don't know if cutting and pasting someone else's NotePro.ini contents into my own would work, but I'd be willing to give that a try as well...

      Thanks again!

      - Eric

      Eric A. Rowe
      Kastle Systems, L.L.C.