RE: [NTO] Some messages are not posting

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2003
      Hi Ray,

      > ***********************Error Message*************************
      > The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
      > rejected by the server.
      > The rejected e-mail address was 'ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com'.
      > Subject 'Re: [NTO] Broadband vs Dialup Email was Identities in
      > MSOE'
      > Account: 'pop.erols.com'
      > Server: 'smtp.erols.com'
      > Protocol: SMTP, Server
      > Response:'550 relaying to <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com> prohibited by
      > administrator',
      > Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

      When I have seen a "relaying prohibited" message in the past it has been
      because I am connected to one ISP, and am sending a message through an
      account with another.

      As mentioned earlier, I needed to temporarily switch account details to show
      the SMTP server of the ISP to whom I am connected at the time.

      Alternatively, just reconnect to the account's native ISP and it will accept
      it.

      Greg