Re: [NTO] Some messages are not posting

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2003
      Hi Ray,

      I don't know why you would be getting the error except for I do
      not see "ras45@..." subscribed. You might try
      subscribing again and if you still get the errors write me and
      I'll try to force the subscription. FWIW, I do not see your old
      address either.

      >In trying to reply to the recent thread (indicated in the error
      >message below), my transitioning between accounts may be at
      >fault. OR Yahoo may just be slow in recognizing my new address.
      >About four hours ago, I edited all my Yahoo groups to make my new
      >address "primary". Messages ARE arriving properly FROM Yahoo
      >groups. Why am I getting this error when I try to send to the
      >group?
      >
      >Thanks for the help.
      >
      >Ray Shapp

      >** Note: My new address is ras45@...
      >** My old address was rayshapp@...
      >** The old address will continue to work until the end of August.
      >

      >************************************************Error
      >Message********************************************
      >The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
      >the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com'.
      >Subject 'Re: [NTO] Broadband vs Dialup Email was Identities in MSOE', Account:
      >'pop.erols.com', Server: 'smtp.erols.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
      >'550 relaying to <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com> prohibited by administrator',
      >Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

      bye4now,
      jody

      and even thou doest err some!

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.purewords.org
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2003
        Hi Ray,

        > ***********************Error Message*************************
        > The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
        > rejected by the server.
        > The rejected e-mail address was 'ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com'.
        > Subject 'Re: [NTO] Broadband vs Dialup Email was Identities in
        > MSOE'
        > Account: 'pop.erols.com'
        > Server: 'smtp.erols.com'
        > Protocol: SMTP, Server
        > Response:'550 relaying to <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com> prohibited by
        > administrator',
        > Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

        When I have seen a "relaying prohibited" message in the past it has been
        because I am connected to one ISP, and am sending a message through an
        account with another.

        As mentioned earlier, I needed to temporarily switch account details to show
        the SMTP server of the ISP to whom I am connected at the time.

        Alternatively, just reconnect to the account's native ISP and it will accept
        it.

        Greg