Some messages are not posting

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2003
      Hi Group,

      In trying to reply to the recent thread (indicated in the error message
      below), my transitioning between accounts may be at fault. OR Yahoo may just
      be slow in recognizing my new address. About four hours ago, I edited all my
      Yahoo groups to make my new address "primary". Messages ARE arriving properly
      FROM Yahoo groups. Why am I getting this error when I try to send to the
      group?

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp

      ** Note: My new address is ras45@...
      ** My old address was rayshapp@...
      ** The old address will continue to work until the end of August.

      ************************************************Error
      Message********************************************
      The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
      the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com'.
      Subject 'Re: [NTO] Broadband vs Dialup Email was Identities in MSOE', Account:
      'pop.erols.com', Server: 'smtp.erols.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
      '550 relaying to <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com> prohibited by administrator',
      Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2003
        Hi Ray,

        I don't know why you would be getting the error except for I do
        not see "ras45@..." subscribed. You might try
        subscribing again and if you still get the errors write me and
        I'll try to force the subscription. FWIW, I do not see your old
        address either.

        >In trying to reply to the recent thread (indicated in the error
        >message below), my transitioning between accounts may be at
        >fault. OR Yahoo may just be slow in recognizing my new address.
        >About four hours ago, I edited all my Yahoo groups to make my new
        >address "primary". Messages ARE arriving properly FROM Yahoo
        >groups. Why am I getting this error when I try to send to the
        >group?
        >
        >Thanks for the help.
        >
        >Ray Shapp

        >** Note: My new address is ras45@...
        >** My old address was rayshapp@...
        >** The old address will continue to work until the end of August.
        >

        >************************************************Error
        >Message********************************************
        >The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
        >the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com'.
        >Subject 'Re: [NTO] Broadband vs Dialup Email was Identities in MSOE', Account:
        >'pop.erols.com', Server: 'smtp.erols.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
        >'550 relaying to <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com> prohibited by administrator',
        >Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

        bye4now,
        jody

        and even thou doest err some!

        http://www.clean-funnies.com
        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.purewords.org
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2003
          Hi Ray,

          > ***********************Error Message*************************
          > The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
          > rejected by the server.
          > The rejected e-mail address was 'ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com'.
          > Subject 'Re: [NTO] Broadband vs Dialup Email was Identities in
          > MSOE'
          > Account: 'pop.erols.com'
          > Server: 'smtp.erols.com'
          > Protocol: SMTP, Server
          > Response:'550 relaying to <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com> prohibited by
          > administrator',
          > Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

          When I have seen a "relaying prohibited" message in the past it has been
          because I am connected to one ISP, and am sending a message through an
          account with another.

          As mentioned earlier, I needed to temporarily switch account details to show
          the SMTP server of the ISP to whom I am connected at the time.

          Alternatively, just reconnect to the account's native ISP and it will accept
          it.

          Greg