Mozilla-Firebird extensions

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5 1:36 PM
      There are some other Mozilla-Firebird users here aren't there?

      For at least the last 24 hours I've been unable to download and install
      extensions from http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions.html

      I get the message:
      >> Available Extensions
      a.. A JavaScript Error has probably occurred!

      There are currently 0 extensions available here. Highlighted extensions have
      been recently updated.<<

      The JavaScript console error log says:

      Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
      0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getBoolPref]" nsresult:
      "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame ::
      chrome://communicator/content/profile/profileSelection.js :: StartUp :: line
      97" data: no]

      I don't know enough to tell whether this is something I've screwed up or a
      problem at the other end.

      Could someone else give this a try or offer a suggestion?

      btw: I got the same error when I tried to access the page with IE.

      Regards ... Alec
      --
    • Dennis Cummins
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5 1:47 PM
        I get same error. With Firebird and IE.

        What extension are you looking for? I have two here,

        Mouse Gestures
        Download Statusbar0.8

        --
        Dennis
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6 5:53 AM
          Hi Dennis:

          >> http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions.html
          > I get same error. With Firebird and IE.

          Thanks for confirming the problem. Because I use Proxomitron I'm sometimes
          not positive whether a problem is coming from the site I'm trying to get to,
          or is something I'm causing myself.

          I've got most of what was available that looked interesting from a few weeks
          ago. I was suggesting use of the "download this site" Spiderzilla" extension
          to someone else and was trying to explain how to get it when I discovered I
          couldn't get any of the extensions at all.

          Hopefully someone will be working on getting it fixed - it always takes so
          long to figure out where to post a bugzilla report I'll just let it slide
          for a couple of days.

          > What extension are you looking for? I have two here,
          > Mouse Gestures
          > Download Statusbar0.8

          Have you looked at the Tabbrowser and MozillaGoogleToolbar. Those two were
          the ones that convinced me to make Mozilla-Firebird my default instead of
          MyIE2.

          Regards ... Alec

            On Sunday, July 06, 2003 at 8:53, Alec Burgess wrote:
            > >> http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions.html
            > > I get same error. With Firebird and IE.
            >
            > Thanks for confirming the problem. Because I use Proxomitron I'm sometimes
            > not positive whether a problem is coming from the site I'm trying to get
            > to, or is something I'm causing myself.

            I too use Proxomitron. I just put texturizer.net on the bypass list.

            > I've got most of what was available that looked interesting from a few
            > weeks ago. I was suggesting use of the "download this site" Spiderzilla"
            > extension to someone else and was trying to explain how to get it when I
            > discovered I couldn't get any of the extensions at all.
            >
            > Hopefully someone will be working on getting it fixed - it always takes so
            > long to figure out where to post a bugzilla report I'll just let it slide
            > for a couple of days.

            I think this has happened before. I too hope it is fixed ASAP.

            > > What extension are you looking for? I have two here,
            > > Mouse Gestures
            > > Download Statusbar0.8
            >
            > Have you looked at the Tabbrowser and MozillaGoogleToolbar. Those two were
            > the ones that convinced me to make Mozilla-Firebird my default instead of
            > MyIE2.

            I do not like Tabs all that much. I only use them rarely. I have not tried
            the MozillGoogleToolbar. But I prefer to keep a local page with all my
            search engine stuff on it plus other items.

            --
            Dennis