Re: [NTO] monospced font for those who like it small

  • DA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 7:56 AM
      Hi Lotta,

      I like small fonts but ProFont doesn't work with Boland's
      C++Builder editor. There still is something non-standard
      about the font. The vertical bars of the 'P' and 'F' don't
      show up at any size. I know Borland does do some fooling
      around with the fonts, because all the monospaced fonts take
      up the same horizontal space regardless of whether they are
      bold or not bold. When used in other applications all the
      of these fonts with the exception of Courier New, take up
      more space when bold.

      What I have been looking for is a monospaced font that makes
      a good distinction between zero, O, o, I, 1, l and any other
      easily mistaken characters. That is not too hard to find,
      but my last request seems to be the one no font other than
      Courier New can fulfill.

      When used in applications other than Borland, I want the
      bold versions of the characters to take up the same
      horizontal space as the non-bold characters. This is so
      that text arranged in a columns remain aligned when some of
      the text is bold. AFAIK, Courier New is the only one that
      does this.

      Does anyone know of other fonts that do this?

      DA