MBG to Eudora and NS Messanger

    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 2000
      Hi Baggers,

      I was playing around to find out an answer to a question I was
      asked and that was can other programs import MailBag's boxes. We
      know they are text so they can be read in any program that can
      read a text file and handle the size.

      Anyway, I was curious to know if Eudora would read .mbg,
      Mailbag's boxes. Obviously it would ignore the file with that
      extension. I knew Eudora would open its own boxes (.mbx) without
      the table of contents (.toc) and build a new one. So, I renamed
      my test box to that extension and Eudora did not even burp when
      opening it. I also did the same thing with Netscape Messenger
      knowing it used a text based mailbox as well. I did get a
      message saying it did not appear to be a NS mailbox and did I
      want to try anyway - no biggie. NS' mailboxes are stored in
      Users\Mail and remove the .mbx extension if you do it. NS will
      build a new index (.dbx) just like Eudora built a new .toc.

      I imaging it will work with just about any text based mailboxes.
      OE5 really crippled users from try any tricks like that - it was
      a joke when I tried. I could not even export mailboxes to OE or
      MS Exchange because I did not have OE5 as the default MAPI
      client. With MS it's you go with us all the way or you don't go
      at all. :( I'd be curious to know if it works in Pegasus and
      TheBat! or any others.

      I also found out that you can put a NS mailbox in Eudora and it
      opens just fine too. ;)

      Happy Bag'n!
      Jody

      mailto:MailBag-Subscribe@...
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 10 , May 28, 2000
        Hey Gang!

        I have not seen a post go through to the list, so wanted to make
        sure, by trying again.
        Larry Hamilton mailto:Larry_H@...
        http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
        My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
          Hi Larry

          It's been quiet. ;)

          >I have not seen a post go through to the list, so wanted to make
          >sure, by trying again.
          >Larry Hamilton mailto:Larry_H@...
          >Hamilton National Genealogical Society, Inc.
          >http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
          >My Web Site: http://notlimaH.tripod.com

          mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
        • alice w
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
            > Hi Larry
            >
            > It's been quiet. ;)

            and I've been lurking! but I've got a question, I run Win98 (had this
            problem in Win95 too) and lately when I install new software and then
            reboot, I'm getting these blue screen messages about allocating more MinSPs
            and it tells me to change the setting in the System.ini (I think). But I've
            hunted all over the System.ini and the Win.ini files and there's no
            reference to MIinSPs or SPs anywhere in there! The messages say there's 7
            currently allocated.

            I get two variations of the message, then after hitting Enter, it goes on to
            Windows and when I reboot again, there's no warning anymore. It occurs only
            on the first reboot after installing software. It does occur even when
            installing DOS software.

            Any ideas? Suggestions?

            alice ttlg

            Managing senior programmers is like herding cats. -- Dave Platt
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
              Hi Alice,

              I searched my whole C:\ drive for "MinSP" and did not find any
              matches using NoteTab's Search Disk. Perhaps some of the others
              can help you out. Some will be back to work tomorrow, actually,
              today in a of the world. ;)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
                Hey Jody, All,

                I was surprised as anyone to get that post, since I sent it May
                28....

                -- Larry Hamilton, lm_hamilton@... on 07/30/2000

                http://im.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
                  Hi Larry,

                  I replied to it on the 28th I believe - who knows. Sometimes I
                  think I have been on this thing for a few minutes and it has been
                  hours, days, weeks...

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
                    Hi Jody,

                    On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:42:30 -0500, ntb-offtopic@egroups.com wrote:
                    >Hi Larry,
                    >
                    >I replied to it on the 28th I believe - who knows. Sometimes I
                    >think I have been on this thing for a few minutes and it has been
                    >hours, days, weeks...

                    What? I thought I was the only one who lost track of time while using
                    a PC. I like Appbar's ability to play an hourly wavfile. That helps
                    some, although an hour goes by awfully fast!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
                      Dennis wrote:
                      > Perhaps this will help:
                      <snip useful info>

                      Thank you! That's exactly what I needed, I believe. I'll add that line to
                      system.ini file and see how it goes.

                      alice ttlg

                      Why grieve because all your dreams have not come true? Neither have all
                      your nightmares. -- Unknown
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 30, 2000
                        Hi Larry

                        >What? I thought I was the only one who lost track of time while using
                        >a PC. I like Appbar's ability to play an hourly wavfile. That helps
                        >some, although an hour goes by awfully fast!

                        hahaha - nite...

                        See ya in the funnies!
                        Jody Adair

                        Clean-Funnies